EDUCATION: MDiv, Northern Seminary, Lombard, IL (1999)
BA, Glenville State College, Glenville, WV (1986)
CHILDREN: Megan (daughter), Kevin (son-in-law), Logan (grandson) & Colin (grandson) and Sara (daughter)
PERSONAL VISION STATEMENT:
Live as a catalyst for transformation in myself, others, and churches; that bring us individually and collectively into a deeper life of discipleship and multiplication.
Mark was born and raised in Charleston WV. He also called Moundsville, Huntington, Ravenswood, and Ripley WV home before a stint in Parkersburg WV. After leaving Parkersburg he and his wife had an extended stay in cites of Columbus and Zanesville Ohio. In April 2019, they relocated to Pueblo, CO.
Mark W. Douglas is a pastor (since 1996), college educator (see below – since 2013), entrepreneur and CEO (since 2005), speaker, and consultant. He has also been a church planter and professional fund raiser (Boy Scouts of America). Mark is a lifelong student of history and culture. He connects on a personal level with individuals with where they are in life. Mark sees people as unique individuals who have much to offer.
In May 2020, Mark completed SLI (Spiritual Leadership Inc – https://spiritual-leadership.org/ ) Coaches Training.
Mark is currently the convenor of the Fresh Expression know as The Gathering at 2602 (www.thegatheringat2602.com), in Pueblo, CO. This new group of Jesus followers have at its core – making disciples and living out the words and life of Jesus as revealed the gospels. The Gathering at 2602 is supported by The River Conference (theriverconference.org), Free Methodist Church USA (www.fmcusa.org).
Prior to inaugurating the fresh expression he served as Pastor of the Pueblo Light and Life (www.pueblolightandlife.com), Free Methodist Church in Pueblo, CO from April 2019 to August 2020. He assumed the position of District Leader for the Colorado/New Mexico District of The River Conference (theriverconference.org), Free Methodist Church USA (www.fmcusa.org) in July 2019.
Mark is currently the CEO / President of Mark W Douglas LLC (www.markwdouglasllc.com). While the company has been involved in residential and commercial construction and the entertainment industry – professional audio reinforcement, professional stage and theatrical lighting, and professional video projection – the primary focus of the company today is leadership, ministry development and education.
As a keynote speaker and workshop facilitator, Mark has engaged many audiences on a variety of topics. Using his visionary gift, Mark continues to help individuals, organizations, and agencies understand their unique vision and how to strategically position themselves to achieve their specific mission and vision. Mark is also in demand as a coach / mentor to individuals, church leaders, and business leaders around the specific areas of spiritual formation, leadership and visioning.
His academic career began in 2013 with a phone call from Zane State College needing an instructor for their theatre class. Central Ohio Technical College reached out shortly thereafter looking for someone to teach Ethics and Critical Thinking. So, Mark’s academic career began and continues today with a primary teaching load in the area of Philosophy. Here are the classes he has or currently teaches:
In the Summer of 2013, he began serving as part of the Adjunct Faculty at Zane State College (www.zanestate.edu) teaching:
- ITCS 1700 – Audio Recording (face to face)
- THTR 1010 – Introduction To Theatre (face to face)
- PHIL 1020 – Introduction to Ethics (face to face)
In August 2013, Mark joined the Adjunct Faculty at Central Ohio Technical College (cotc.edu) teaching:
- PHIL 100 – Critical Thinking (face to face and online)
- PHIL 150 – Introduction to Philosophy (face to face)
- PHIL 200 – Introduction to Ethics (face to face)
- SOC 110 – Cultural Diversity (both Face to Face and online)
In January 2019, Mark became part of the Philosophy Adjunct Faculty at Pueblo Community College (pueblocc.edu) teaching:
- PHIL 111 – Intro To Philosophy (online)
- PHIL 112 – Ethics (online)
In August 2019, Colorado State University – Pueblo (www.csupueblo.edu) reached out to Mark to be part of their Philosophy Adjunct Faculty teaching:
- PHIL 105 – Philosophical Literature (online)
- PHIL 201 – Deductive Logic (face to face and online)
- PHIL 204 – Critical Reasoning (face to face and online)
- PHIL 205 – Classics in Ethics (face to face and online)
Mark developed for Colorado State University – Pueblo (www.csupeublo.edu) – four online classes that launched in the summer of 2020 and will launch in the Spring of 2021:
- PHIL 105 – Philosophical Literature (online)
- PHIL 201 – Deductive Logic (online)
- PHIL 204 – Critical Reasoning (online)
- PHIL 205 – Classics in Ethics (online)
In December 2021, Mark Will be Facilitating a course for DIA (Development Associates International – https://daintl.org)
- Ethics for Living and Leading (NG-KDN-19) – NIGERIA – Evangelical Churches of West Africa Theological Seminary-Igbaja (ETSI), Igbaja
In addition to being, a CEO / President, Pastor / Denominational Leader, and college educator, Mark is –
- An Eagle Scout.
- Past Member of the City of Zanesville, OH Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Former board member for the American Baptist Churches of OH.
- Former board member for the American Baptist Churches USA.
- Former member of the Finance Resource Team, Ohio Conference of the Free Methodist Church.
- Graduate of the American Baptist Churches Church Planter’s Institute.
- Ordained Elder in The River Conference, Free Methodist Church USA.
Mark had the opportunity to study theology under the late Stanley J. Grenz while obtaining his Masters of Divinity Degree at Northern Seminary in Chicago, IL. Stan’s work THEOLOGY FOR THE COMMUNITY OF GOD (1994) and his many other works greatly influenced his theological and philosophical perspectives.
Dallas Williard, author of many works including DIVINE CONSPIRACY (1998), has influenced Mark’s philosophical perspectives.
Mark became acquainted with Miroslav Volf while at seminary. He continues to be challenged by many of Volf’s publications EXCLUSION AND EMBRACE (1996), AFTER OUR LIKENESS (1998), and A Public Faith: On How Followers of Christ Should Serve the Common Good (2011).